H.E.R.O. For Children, Inc.

A nonprofit organization

$25 raised by 1 donor

0% complete

$25,000 Goal

Established in 2003, Hearts Everywhere Reaching Out (H.E.R.O.) for Children, Inc. has been committed to improving the quality of life for children living with and affected by HIV and AIDS in Georgia through enriching programs, unforgettable experiences, and connections with the community. We define “Quality of Life” as the degree to which an individual enjoys physical, social, and emotional well-being and sees him/herself as being able to experience future success and fulfillment. We strive to offer our children a variety of avenues via which to experience the normal joys of childhood, improve their academic performance, life skills, and self-esteem, and develop supportive friendships with peers in order to help them become young adults who contribute positively to society. 

H.E.R.O. remains the only organization in Georgia solely dedicated to providing ‘Quality of Life’ care for children affected by HIV and AIDS. We currently serve more than 350 kids through approximately 18,000 hours of quality of life care with more than 250 volunteers. Most of our clients reside in the metropolitan Atlanta area (over 65% between Fulton and Dekalb counties alone).  Approximately 33% of H.E.R.O. children are living with HIV and the other 67% are affected (i.e. have a parent, sibling, or residential relative living with, or have lost parents to HIV/AIDS-related complications; 25% have lost parents due to HIV/AIDS-related complications; approximately 25% have spent some time in the foster care system; 97% are African-American; 90% come from households with annual incomes under $20,000.00. As the poverty line in Georgia, is $25,100.00 for a family of four (Georgia.gov), our children often lack basic necessities, much less enriching activities and experiences that will prepare them for successful futures. As such, all H.E.R.O. programs are offered free of charge.

Organization Data


Organization name

H.E.R.O. For Children, Inc.

Tax id (EIN)



Children & Family


580 W. Crossville Road, Suite 204
Roswell, GA 30075



Social Media