WHAT WE DO
People TV is the City of Atlanta’s public access media center which gives residents, nonprofits and community organizations an open forum to communicate opinions, programs, ideas, services and talents to a 100,000+ households. This access center provides adult and youth citizens of Atlanta an equal opportunity to participate in affordable television/video production workshops, access production facilities, and check out equipment to produce over 85 hours of local programming a week for Comcast channel 24.
YOUR DONATION WILL HELP PEOPLE TV
• Continue to provide a sustainable forum through which Atlanta citizens and organizations can creatively communicate information to the community.
• Enhance People TV’s presence in the community and expand the production resources offered to Atlanta’s diverse citizens, nonprofits, companies, educational institutions, and civic/neighborhood associations.
• Develop productions that will help serve local and state government agencies.
• Serve the community as a leading media outlet, which produces local programming and information that reflects the city’s diverse interests and population.
• Further the use of state‐of‐the‐art media technology that supports visual and audio cablecast quality.
• Develop and implement a supplemental training curriculum to help producers improve on‐air presentation quality, which aligns with their conceptual intent.
• Increase opportunities for young people to gain experience in the media arts field.
• Expand audience by use of various new communication methods such as streaming video, video‐on‐demand, blogging, vlogging and other relevant technologies.
• Collaborate with local colleges, universities, and volunteer development agencies such as Hands On Atlanta to strengthen and diversify the volunteer and internship program.
• Continue to be honest, ethical, authentic, and trustworthy in the organization’s interaction with the public.