Shelter to Live.
Education to Thrive.
Who We Are:
Our House is a dynamic organization that provides high-quality early chidlhood education to homeless youth and an emergency shelter to families with infants. Our programs are designed to enrich the lives of children and families experiencing homelessness with the knowledge, skills, and resources needed to break the cycles of homelessness and poverty.
What We Do:
We address family needs through the delivery of four interrelated programs:
I. Early Childhood Education
II. Emergency Housing
II. Family Advocacy
IV. Employment Readiness/ CDA Program
Why We Do It:
● From birth to age 4, children in low-income homes are exposed to 35 million fewer words than those in homes of professionals.
● Children who attend and complete a preschool program are 29% more likely to graduate High School
● Children who attend and complete a preschool program are 33% more likely to be employed and earn 33% higher salary.
● Every night, there are about 6,000 homeless individuals in Fulton, DeKalb, and the City of Atlanta
● Almost 1 in 5 are children.
● There are not enough beds in shelters and transitional housing to shelter all the homeless individuals in our area.
All Our House programs are offered free of charge. With strong organizational leadership, caring and competent staff and ongoing community support, Our House has helped countless families end their homelessness and achieve lasting self-sufficiency.