Neighborhood Works, Inc. is a community housing development organization with a mission to empower community life by developing quality affordable housing that improves neighborhoods and supports essential community institutions Neighborhood Works, Inc. has been certified by DeKalb County, Fulton County, and the State of Georgia as a Community Housing Development Organization under the HUD HOME Investments Partnerships Program.
Neighborhood Works, Inc. has developed affordable housing for low to moderate income families since 2011, and has placed several first time homebuyers into quality homes.
NWI’s recent accomplishments includes the following:
1. Successfully developed 26 affordable, quality, single family housing units, utilizing both public and private partnerships
2. Provided over $130K of housing subsidy and discounts to affordable housing projects by way of grants and concessions secured from our public and private partnerships
3. Donates home improvement materials to low to moderate income households, such as kitchen sinks, bath vanities, mailboxes, kitchen and bathroom faucets, doors and door accessories, and decorative lights, and so much more.
4. Partnered with a local Youth Intervention nonprofit in the rehabilitation of a bank donated property, teaching teenagers how to develop affordable housing.
5. Established a fund in the name of a late NWI Director to help members of the community with urgent housing or utility needs, by committing a portion of NWI's unrestricted proceeds from its development activities.
6. Developed a homeowner small repair program for an Atlanta area neighborhood with demonstrated need
7. Since 2005, organizes neighborhood based community empowerment conferences, with the next one being planned for summer 2015.
NWI has a part time staff of two, an Executive Director, and four members comprising its Board of Directors. NWI also receives support from dedicated volunteers who help with property development and maintenance. NWI needs support from you, our valued donors, who help provide important operating capital for our organization so we can continue to serve our community effectively.
We look forward to you joining us during Georgia Gives 2014 in supporting us in this important work in our community.