The Madison-Morgan Cultural Center combines a rare treasure of the past with an active commitment to the future. The Center is housed in a fine old Romanesque Revival red brick building, which was constructed in 1895 as one of the first graded public schhools in the South. The original school bell still rings for the many visitors who enjoy the full schedule of permanent and traveling exhibitions, mainstage performances, educational activities, and special events and other programs throughout the year.
Today, the Center is a non-profit multidisciplinary performing and visual arts faciltiy, born from the efforts of community residents who joined together to form the Morgan County Foundation, Inc. and purchase the elegant building. Inside its walls, the Center houses several permanent collections and exhibits: a history museum of the Piedmont region of Georgia, a restored c. 1895 classroom, a permanent installation of period furniture dating from the 1850 called the Boxwood Parlor, and a meeting room furnished with authentic Arts and Crafts furniture and accessories. The original school auditorium is part of the main building and today is the site of the Center's annual mainstage performances.
Support for the Center comes solely through membership subscriptions, donations, sponsorships, and grants. We invite you to join today!
For more information about the Cultural Center and to see this year's schedule of events, visit our website at www.mmcc-arts.org