Celebrating 60 Years in 2014!
Atlanta Artists Center
serves professional and emerging artists through its wide variety of programs, events, classes and gallery. AAC began in 1954 as a small group of artists. Today, with more than 500 members, it is one of the longest continually operating visual arts organizations in the Southeast, providing a center where artists flourish and serving as a resource to support visual art throughout he greater North Georgia community. We plan to remain strong & build our organization so that we continue to give back for another 60 years and more. To do so we need your help. We ask that you make a donation today.
This past year our activities at the center included:
- 14 juried show exhibitions in our gallery and offsite with over 400 of our current members submitting artwork.
- AAC show judges included internationally acclaimed artists, experienced curators from museums and universities as well as gallery owners.
- Was again an official venue of the Atlanta Celebrates Photography program with a juried exhibition from member photographers, including those outstanding photographers from the AAC Photography Salon.
- 50-60 members per week participating in our daily studio sketch/paint groups and open studio.
- More than eight high-quality visual arts workshops, given by nationally known artist/instructors and by well known regional artists/instructors.
- Providing art exhibits at local libraries including Atlanta Downtown, Buckhead, Sandy Springs and Northside locations.
- Presentation of a scholarship to a declared art major at Georgia State University.
- Demonstrations open to the public by leading AAC artists at Sam Flax Atlanta art supplies center.
Your donation will assist (but is not limited to) in some of our immediate needs:
- Continuing to build our Scholarships for Emerging Artists
- Development and expansion of community programs, including our collaboration with Sheltering Arms children’s art program
- Expansion of educational programs for members
- Repairs for our existing facility—gallery, studio/meeting space and garden
- Maintaining a strong technology infrastructure to support our members
Your financial support to Atlanta Artists Center
is vital to our sustainable future. As someone who is a patron in community outreach and development of visual arts, please support our organization with a donation. Every dollar helps!
Your gift to Atlanta Artists Center
is a meaningful way you can help support the art in the community.
A fully tax-deductible donation today, no matter how large or small, will support a wide range of exceptional exhibitions and programming.